Dr. Agbakoba is the Senior Partner and Head of the…
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
With our dedicated team of lawyers, OAL has severally being awarded as a top dispute resolution & litigation law firm in Nigeria. It has a strong Commercial Litigation team with a wide range of legal skills.
Dispute Resolution & Litigation Law Firm in Nigeria
Our team of specialised and well-respected dispute resolution lawyers have a four-decade history of resolving complex cases. We advise every type of dispute resolution/litigation ranging from straightforward claims to complex commercial disputes requiring the skill of proﬁciency. We ensure that disputes are resolved efﬁciently as to time, result and cost.
OAL as a Top Litigation Law Firm in Nigeria
Our litigation team routinely advises the Federal and State Government, Ministries, and Government Agencies.
Our advisory prowess extends to a diverse sector and industry, including but not limited to the banking and ﬁnancial sector, shipping and maritime industry, insurance, retail and trade, property and construction, probate, energy and telecommunications industries.
OAL’S proﬁciency lies in our hard work and tenacity to get the job done, notwithstanding the case's intricacies and obstacles. We are ranked and known as one of the top law firms in Nigeria and the ‘Go to’ law firm for dispute resolution.
We are also skilled at other alternate dispute resolutions such as mediation and conciliation. We operate a private Arbitration Centre from our corporate ofﬁce located in Ikoyi, Lagos, with Dr Agbakoba SAN as the team lead.
We advise on disputes in the following areas of law:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Administrative & Public
- Commercial Litigation
- Compliance and Regulatory
- Maritime & Shipping
- Oil & Gas
- Public Interest
OAL as a Leading Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) & Arbitration Law firm in Nigeria
We are a leading ADR/Arbitration Law firm in Nigeria and the first law firm in Nigeria to establish an Arbitration and Mediation Advisory Centre. Our advisory proficiency covers Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation, Early Neutral Evaluation, Conciliation, Arbitration-Mediation, Expert Determination, Ombudsman, Judicial Mini Trial, Executive Mini Trial, etc.
As an ADR law firm, we canvass strongly on policy developments and advocate using ADR systems in Nigeria as a necessary factor in engineering economic development.
Our Arbitration & Alternative Dispute Resolution Group comprises experienced and skilled litigation, Conflict Management and Resolution Experts, Arbitrators, Mediators, and Negotiators. They can assist our diverse clients in minimising risks and resolution of multifaceted disputes.
Members of the Group are qualified and certified nationally and internationally and have been involved in arbitration in and out of the jurisdiction. Our Senior Partner, Dr Olisa Agbakoba SAN, is recognised by WHO’S WHO LEGAL as a leading Arbitrator in Nigeria in 2019 & 2020 for Arbitration practice and advocacy achievements.
As an ADR/Arbitration Law firm in Nigeria, OAL is nationally rooted but maintains a broad and international outlook and networks on Arbitration practice and service delivery.
Members of Our ADR/Arbitration Team Have:
- Designed ADR, Litigation – Mediation Mechanism and Rules for Asset Management and Recovery for Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).
- Acted as Arbitrator in a multi-million FSPO arbitration dispute in 2018 involving leading indigenous Oil and gas producing companies in Nigeria.
- Acted as Arbitrator in a multi-million charter party arbitration dispute between two major oil and gas services company in 2019.
- Provided advisory and mediation services to the Association of Licensed Telecommunication Operators of Nigeria (ALTON) on regulatory compliance provisions and service provider relationships with Nigeria Communications Commission.
- Initiated the idea for introducing a National Arbitration Policy by Nigerian, a concept currently adopted and promoted by the Office of the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister for Justice.
- Dr Agbakoba SAN is the chairman of the National Arbitration committee appointed by the Federation's Attorney General.
Consult Our Litigation Lawyers
The Dispute Resolution & Litigation Team
Get in touch with our team
Our focus at Olisa Agbakoba Legal has always been to push through new boundaries to ﬁnd solutions to legal issues and win the conﬁdence of our clients.