Top Maritime Law Firm & Best Shipping Lawyers in Nigeria
OAL continues to remain the leading maritime law practice in Nigeria. Our reputation for securing favourable results on our client’s behalf has seen us retained by commercial and mortgage banks, ship-owners, charterers, ship agents, P&I Clubs, Surveyors, Loss Adjusting Firms, insurance companies, shipping financiers and the Nigerian Government and their agencies.
We are an established practice that provides practical and cutting edged advice on shipping and maritime matters to our clients. We have demonstrated this by our continued success in the resolution of Admiralty & Maritime cases.
At OAL, we have a solid and dynamic workforce with a wealth of experience with dedication beyond our private sector clients. We are deliberate about contributing to the growth of the Nigerian maritime industry.
Consequently, we continue to promote and contribute to the development-focused policies. Our invaluable contribution to the legal, jurisprudential, and institutional framework of the maritime industry (notably the Coastal and Inland Shipping (Cabotage) Act 2003 and the push for the establishment of the Institute of Maritime laws and the Nigerian Chamber of Shipping ) is spearheaded by our senior partner, Dr Olisa Agbakoba, whose continued membership several policy formulation committees and successful resolution of maritime cases, demonstrates this.
OAL’s maritime expertise covers:
- Advice on foreign investment and divestment
- Advice on the sale of businesses and assets sales
- Advice on Real Estate and Developement
- Joint ventures and shareholders agreement
- Advice on corporate structure
- Advice on tax implications in relation to commercial transactions and foreign investment
- Advice on regulatory requirements for transactions
- Legal Audit and Legal Due Diligence Services
- Advice on legal contracts and documentation