- This event has passed.
Unlocking Space Opportunities in Nigeria
July 13, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm WAT
Olisa Agbakoba Legal (OAL) is the only law firm in Nigeria with a practice group dedicated exclusively to space. We have a long history of working with the Ministry of Science and Technology, the National Assembly, policymakers, and, in particular, the National Space Research and Development Agency of Nigeria (NASRDA) to help strengthen the legal, institutional, and regulatory framework that governs space in Nigeria. This includes reviewing and analyzing the current space policy and creating a new policy that covers more aspects of space activities, (e.g. military policy, public policy, commercial policy); harmonizing national laws with principles in international law, and ensuring all areas/aspects of space activities are covered by domestic legislation.
In furtherance of our efforts to strengthen the space sector in Nigeria, OAL is hosting a major webinar titled: UNLOCKING SPACE OPPORTUNITIES IN NIGERIA WEBINAR. The webinar is designed to;
1. Present an overview of space policy and its place in the space sector.
2. Highlight existing gaps in Nigeria’s space policy and emerging opportunities.
3. Structure and harmonize all measures required for the development of outer space activities in Nigeria (emphasizing the place of public-private partnership).
4. Explain how the country can take advantage of the characteristics of the country for outer space activities, if applicable – e.g. its geostrategic position).
5. Define and allocate responsibilities.
6. Increase awareness of the importance of outer space activities and call all relevant stakeholders to participate in the space effort of the country.
7. Position the country on the international stage as one that recognizes outer space’s importance.