The Sports, Entertainment and Technology (SET) Practice group had its inaugural Sports Master class themed “The Law and Business of Sports Master Class” at the OAL Office in Ikoyi on Thursday, November 14, 2019. The event was attended by Stakeholders in the Sports industry, Investors, Sports Business owners, Students and Sports Lawyers amongst others.
The aim of the event was to fill in the gap for the need of education and knowledge about key principles of sports law and the business side of the sports industry as well as the legal implications and beneficial relationships between Sports and Law in Nigeria.
The masterclass had seasoned and well-groomed sports practitioners and stakeholders as its facilitators. The facilitators were:
1. Tega Onojaife, Sports Producer and Founder, Ladies in Sports International
2. Seun Methowe, Head of partnerships (Africa) for DAZN (goal.com)
3. Ayodele Thomas, Chairman, Football Intermediaries Association of Nigeria
4. Emmanuel Oyelakin, President E-Sports Association of Nigeria
5. Aderoju Ope-Ajayi, Board Member, Lagos State Swim Association & Founder Dolphin Swim School
6. Beverley-Agbakoba Onyejianya, Head, SET (OAL)
7. Koye Sowemimo, Head of Talent Management, Temple Sports.
i. E- Sports
ii. Talent management in Sports
iii. Governance in Sports
iv. Digitalisation and IT in Sports
v. Dispute Resolution in Sports
vi. Understanding Contractual terms and clauses in Sports
vii. Agency and Intermediary in Sports
viii. Human Rights and Gender Equality in Sports