Dr. Agbakoba is the Senior Partner and Head of the…
Sports , Entertainment & Tech (SET)
Corporate & Business Advisory Services
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) & Arbitration
Beverley Agbakoba-Onyejianya is a regulatory and compliance professional and a lawyer. She is called to the Nigerian and UK bar. She is on the panel of neutrals at the Lagos Multi Door Court and the Lagos Court of Arbitration.
She has over twelve years professional experience in the banking and capital markets sectors in the United Kingdom and Nigeria. Her broad experience in the regulatory and compliance industry covers investment banking, brokerage and fund management sectors and has seen her hold various leadership roles in regulatory and compliance sector.
She is currently Head of the Sports, Entertainment and Tech practice at Olisa Agbakoba Legal. She is a member of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) Sports thematic Industry group on Alternative Dispute Resolution and Youth Policy Development.
She is also a member of the Lagos Divisional Football Association.
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Due Dillgence
- Sports Governance
- Commercial law
- Risk Management
- Banking and Capital markets
- Commercial mediation
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Attorney-Mediators Association of Nigeria
- Women in Sports Law International
- Lagos Court of Arbitration
- Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments
- Lagos MultiDoor Court
- Beverley is a sports, entertainment and tech lawyer and creator of skills and personal development podcast called 'Develop Your A-Game'.
- She is a self-described lawyerpreneur.
- She regularly advises a range of clients in various industries from techies, film directors and producers, sports bodies, etc.
- Lagos Multi-Door Courthouse – Mediation Skill Training
- Nigerian Law School, Lagos – BL
- Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (UK) – Investment Compliance Diploma
- University of Wales, Cardiff (UK) – LLM Commercial Law
- University of Nottingham (UK) – LLB -Law with European Law
- Inns of Court School of Law , Bar Vocational Course
Beverly is an author and co-author of several books & articles, including:
- Using artworks in creative projects - The legal position
- “Minors in football in Nigeria: Safeguarding their rights and Securing their Interests” remains the most highly ranked article on sports slavery in Nigeria.
- Intellectual Property and Economic Growth in Africa - Harnessing IP as a Development tool
- Why networking is still a big deal
- Incorporated Trustees in Nigeria - Knowing the Basics
- Sports as an Effective Tool for the development and engagement of the youth
- 10 Trends Compliance Officers need to pay attention to in 2021
- The Whistleblower as a Gate Keeper of Good Governance
- As a thought leader, Beverley has contributed to several panels such as the CNN Africa Freedom day panel on sports slavery and trafficking, she has also written a paper titled “Health Tech in Nigeria: A Legal Perspective” which mirrors the current regulatory landscape for the health tech sector in Nigeria.
- She was also a panellist on the sports law session for the Benin chapter of the Young Bar Forum and the Stakeholders Roundtable on Sports Business and Dispute Resolution organised by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce International Arbitration Center (LACIAC) which she moderated.
- She has facilitated courses ranging from Corporate Governance to Sports Governance for several reputable institutions such as the Lagos Court of Arbitration, Legally Engaged, Esq Legal , Legal Naija.