Dr. Agbakoba is the Senior Partner and Head of the…
Lady Debbie N. Obodoukwu
Corporate & Business Advisory Services
Lady Debbie N. Obodoukwu works as a synergy partner at Olisa Agbakoba Legal, she is also the Principal Counsel of Lady Debbie N. Obodoukwu & CO.
She has appeared in many cases before State and Federal High Courts, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court and Election Tribunals. She worked as a counsel in Federal Ministry of Justice, Lagos and later as Associate Partner of Dickson D.I Osuala & Co.
Very proficient in Company law, Litigation, commercial law and recovery of loans and debts, enforcement of fundamental rights, law, mergers and acquisition, conciliation and arbitration and trademarks training.
She is a member of many Professional Bodies amongst which but few are:
- Nigeria Bar Association (NBA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Nigeria Institute of International Affairs (NIIA)
- Federation of International Women Lawyers (FIDA)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitration (Nigeria)
- Nigeria Maritime Law Association
- International Member – Maritime Law Committee of I.B.A
She has held Federal appointment from 2006 till date such as:
- Member – Legal Aid Council (2006-2007)
- Federal Commissioner – Federal Judicial Service Commission (2008-2013)
- Life Bencher – Body of Benchers Member (2012-till date)
- Member – National Judicial Council (2016-2018)
- Member – Presidential Advisory Committee, on Prerogative of Mercy (PRESIDENCY) (2018 till date)
She graduated from Almadu Bello University Zaria in 1983 with Diploma in Law and in 1986 with LL.B.
She holds a Master Degree from University of Lagos Akoka, Lagos 1995.
NYSC in 1988 at Federation Ministry of Justice, Nigeria Law School Victoria Island in 1989 with BL.
She completed Arbitration Training at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Nigeria) and was admitted as an Associate Member of the Institute in 2007, Fellow chartered Arbitrators Nov. 2020.
She obtained a Certificate Course in Maritime Law from the Institute of Maritime Law, University of Southampton, Southampton United Kingdom, London in 2009.
She holds a certificate in MA.504 Project Management and Leadership from the Worldwide Solutions, Reston V.A USA 2010.
Another certificate in Emerging of Leaders Program, at Ross School of Business Michigan University , Michigan ( USA) in 2011 and other certificate in Making Board Governance more effective, from the Harvard Business School. Harvard, Boston USA in 2012.
She holds a certificate in TARP Related cases from Euromoney Training Institute, New York in 2013.
She has attended both domestic and international conferences all over the world, she has an award winner of Ladies of the Fellowship from the Full Gospel Business Men Fellowship International.