Dr. Agbakoba is the Senior Partner and Head of the…
Joseph Bowei Siyaidon
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) & Arbitration
Maritime, Aviation & Space
Joseph is an Associate in the ADR and Maritime Practice Groups at OAL. He has garnered extensive experience from assisting clients in corporate/commercial, compliance, maritime and dispute resolution in different sectors across Nigeria, UAE and GCC Region.
As an upcoming International arbitration practitioner, he interned with the Arbitration Team at Al Tamimi & Company in Dubai where he was involved in several high-profile arbitrations administered under the rules of LCIA, DIFC – LCIA, DIAC, ICC, ICSID, SIAC, SCC, and UNCITRAL. He was also involved in the drafting of a new UNCITRAL Modeled Arbitration Legislation for Uzbekistan.
Joseph is listed in the “New List of Arbitrators of African Descent with US Nexus” As an in-house counsel, he led the legal and compliance team of Promax and Complant Holdings Limited, a multinational investment consortium that he advised and incorporated in Dubai International Financial Centre DIFC.
Joseph is a global ambassador to Arbitrator Intelligence, the US-based legal tech startup with a mission to promote diversity, inclusion, and transparency in international arbitration through the use of data and technology.
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Chartered Institute Of Arbitrators UK
- London Court Of International Arbitration
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- International Council For Commercial Arbitration
- Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Association Of Young Arbitrators
- Nigerian Institute Of Management (Chartered)
- Olisa Agbakoba Legal (OAL) - Associate
- Adedipe & Adedipe LLP - Associate
- Al Tamimi & Co (/Dubai) - Arbitration Intern
- Promax & Complant Holdings Limited ( Dubai) - In - House Counsel
- Rivers State University, Port Harcourt, Nigeria - LLM International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution (2013-2014)
- Nigerian Law School, Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria - Barrister at Law (B.L.) - 2013
- Dubai Arbitration Week 2019
- ICSID, ICDR and ICC: The 35th Annual Joint Colloquium on International Arbitration 2019
- FIDIC: Regional Training Workshop on Dispute Management in Africa Infrastructure