Dr. Olisa Agbakoba
Dr. Agbakoba is the Senior Partner and Head of the…
Mrs. Ifeyinwa Anazonwu-Akerele, the indefatigable Amazon of Corporate Administration in Nigeria, has consistently left indelible marks in several Nigerian Institutions directly involved with capacity building and national development.
Ifeyinwa Akerele is an experienced administrator in the public and private sector. She has excellent skills in the management of people. She was the founding / pioneer Director General of the Nigerian Chamber of Shipping ( NCS). She is a Life Member Of the Governing Council and a member of the Board of Trustees ( BOT) and presently the Chairman of the Executive Management Committee of the NCS.
She started her career as a Youth Corper with the Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs. Thereafter, she served as the Special Assistant and Administrative Assistant to the Director General of the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs. This was at the crescendo of Nigeria’s effective deployment of foreign policy in international relations resulting in Nigeria’s recognition as a force to reckon with in African and World politics.
She later served as Executive Secretary of the prestigious Institute of Directors (IOD) and as one of the pioneer Chief Executives of the IOD, contributed a lot in bringing the Institute to its pride of place of relevance in Nigeria today.
She has also served variously as Consultant on Welfare Development with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the UNICEF (1989-1991); Executive Director / Founder of Type Technologies Limited, a blue chip desktop publishing company. Senior Special Assistant to the Presidential Liaison Officer to the Senate & Technical Consultant to the Governing Council of the Nigerian Institute of Management .
When the brains behind the Nigerian Chamber of Shipping needed a competent hand with proven track record to set up a world class advocacy and trade organization for Nigeria’s gigantic Maritime / Shipping sector, Mrs. Anazonwu-Akerele’s name came up quite a number of times. The only problem was that she did not have any experience in Shipping! But it was a challenge this woman that has never backed down on her life was willing to take. In no time, she had taken courses in maritime management and went as far as taking Diploma in Maritime Law!
She’s the president Of Women In Shipping & Trade Association (WISTA) and presently an active Consultant with an emphasis on Maritime issues. In addition, she’s an Ambassador of Women In Maritime Africa ( an AU affiliate) as well as a member of the then National Think Tank..
As ‘Captain’ of the Chamber of Shipping, she has taken the organisation to greater heights and is sailing her through the deeper waters of challenges and opportunities emerging in the fast currents of the Nigerian maritime / shipping sector. Under her able leadership, Nigerian Chamber of Shipping has been in the forefront of promoting multi-faceted development in the industry in areas such as:
In pursuit of these objectives, the Chamber has been recognized by government and stakeholders as “the Voice of the Maritime Industry in Nigeria”.
- The founding / pioneer Director General of the Nigerian Chamber of Shipping. ( NCS)
- Life Member Of the Governing Council and a member of the Board of Trustees ( BOT)
- Chairman of the Executive Management Committee of the NCS.
- Her career started at the Nigerian Institute Of International Affairs ( NIIA) as the Admin Assistant ( Special Duties) to the Director General.
- Worked as Executive Secretary of the Institute Of Directors Nigeria (Iod). Today she is a Fellow of the Iod.
- Special Adviser on Governmental Affairs for the Nigerian Institute Of Management (NIM) Chartered.
- Appointed by the Presidency as Senior Special Assistant to The Presidential Liason Officer ( Senate).
- A one time candidate for the Federal House Of Representatives for Onitsha North & South Federal Constituency.
- The Pioneer Head of Secretariat for the renowned Women For Women ( W4W) Organisation
- A Member of many Community Development projects with a gender bias.
- Founder Childline Foundation & Consultant to UNICEF on Growth Monitoring.
- President Of Women In Shipping & Trade Association (WISTA).
- Presently an active Consultant with an emphasis on Maritime issues.
- An Ambassador of Women In Maritime Africa ( an AU affiliate)
- Member of the then National Think Tank
- Chairman of the Panel Reviewing activities of the Executive Management of NIMASA
- Coordinator Of The Restructuring Committee ( CRC) Of the Nigerian Chamber Of Shipping
- Consultant on Maritime Policy to theNigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)
Ify Akerele has served as:
Mrs. Akerele, a Sociologist /MSC International Relations and Chartered Secretary, is also:
She has been honoured with several awards including:
- University of Lagos: BSc ( Hons) Sociology
- University of Lagos: MSc International Relations.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitration: Certificate of Arbitration & Dispute ResolutionProfessional Courses:
- Anatomy of Shipping ( Cambridge University UK)
- Diploma Maritime Law : London Metropolitan University
- Social / Welfare Work. Holbrook College Uk
Dr. Agbakoba is the Senior Partner and Head of the…
Yvonne is the Managing Partner of OAL, setting the strategic…
Babatunde Ogungbamila is a Partner in Olisa Agbakoba Legal and…
Ifeyinwa Akerele as a Synergy Partner at OAL is an…
Osita is an Associate Partner at OAL. He possesses 20…
Collins Okeke is an Associate Partner/Head of Public Sector Practice…
Francis is a Synergy Partner at OAL who has successfully…
Lady Debie works as a Synergy Partner at OAL. She…