As a leading Corporate and Business Advisory Law firm in Nigeria, OAL has for many years promoted “Ease of Doing Business in Nigeria”. Our team provides advice to foreign companies on investment regulations in various sectors. We offer a wide range of advisory services on all requirements for foreign businesses intending to set up in Nigeria, including advice on immigration matters pertaining to entry permits, long-stay visas, work permits and expatriate quotas, legal vehicles such as joint ventures, labour, and employment laws.
The ﬁrm assists and represents foreign companies before the regulatory authorities including the Nigerian Investment and Promotion Commission (NIPC), Federal Ministry for the Interior, National Ofﬁce for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP), Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS), and other relevant government agencies. We advise on trade-related issues that directly impact foreign investment in Nigeria.
We have signiﬁcant experience in private equity, joint venture agreements, mergers & acquisitions, and capital market transactions. Nigeria’s business climate is changing into a friendly destination for investment. Lawyers in the ﬁrm have been actively involved in drafting a raft of commercial laws for ease of business.
Dr. Agbakoba was also appointed by the Central Bank of Nigeria as chairman of the Legal Implementation Committee of the Financial System Strategy 20:20 (FSS 20:20). Laws drafted by the team are those in support of small and medium-size businesses, access to credit, credit reporting, consumer protection, and ﬁnancial services.
We are the ﬁrst Corporate and Commercial Law ﬁrm in Nigeria to advise on Crowdfunding and have initiated discussions with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) to promote the legal framework for Crowdfunding in Nigeria.
Our Corporate and Business Advisory Services cover the following areas of law:
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Company and Secretarial Services
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Due Diligence
- Employment & Labour
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Company Secretarial Services
- Foreign Investment & Divestment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Agricultural Investment Advisory Services
Our services include:
- Advice on foreign investment and divestment
- Advice on the sale of businesses and assets sales
- Joint ventures and shareholders agreement
- Advice on corporate structure
- Advice on tax implications in relation to commercial transactions and foreign investment
- Advice on regulatory requirements for transactions
- Legal Audit and Legal Due Diligence Services
- Advice on legal contracts and documentation